This week, I attended the Anatomical Portrait Drawing course at Central Saint Martins. Here are my photos documenting how the days went by. (Illustrations are tutor demonstrations, overall student works and hand outs.)
• Drawing the overall portrait figure.
• Drawing the overall portrait figure with a consideration of the anatomical structure (bones, muscles, joints).
• Drawing the the anatomy of the hands, arms and shoulders.
• Drawing with more freedom.
• Drawing the anatomy of the feet, legs and hips with an introduction on how to create form.
• Drawing the anatomy of the head, neck and spine.
• Drawing portraits with influences from historical paintings. Examples such as Hans Holbein and Frank Aucherbach.